Monday, October 18, 2010

Wear Purple 10/20/2010

To Show your support please wear purple this Wednesday you never know who you might impact.

This Wednesday October 20, 2010 has been designated as a day to remember those youth that have taken their lives due to anti-lgbt bullying. In recent news we have seen many tragedies related to anti-lgbt bullying. I was thinking how hard it was before I came out. I felt alone and isolated, I can't recall a queer figure that was in my life, even on tv. It wasnt until after I found support in my family that I felt OK. I was lucky I guess...

If you or someone you know needs help dealing with lgbt issues call The Trevor Project @  866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386).  It is free and confidential.

Also you should take the time to call your Representative and tell them to support H.R.2262: The Safe Schools Improvement Act today! It is currently in house committee.

You can contact your house member at: (202) 224-3121




No comments:

Post a Comment